Re: [linux-audio-dev] News about sequencers (not my own though!)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] News about sequencers (not my own though!)
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: ke tammi  12 2000 - 05:39:38 EST

>From: David Slomin <david.slomin_AT_av.com>
>
>(and now the rant)
>Why so many clones of Cakewalk and Cubase? Am I the only one who's
>trying to do something fairly different in hopes of it being better?

If you ask me...
Cakewalk and Cubase are what software engineers are able to come up with.
Most volunteer programmers are just software engineers having no idea
of better.

Or maybe a clone is easier to do for the start. Noticing that an audio
software can be a big project, changing the clone later to something
different can be a quite difficult task. Try suggest something totally
different to massive GIMP and you will see what I mean.

Juhana