Re: [linux-audio-dev] MP3 source code

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] MP3 source code
From: Jörn Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang.uni-essen.de)
Date: pe tammi  14 2000 - 07:49:35 EST

dear svein !

you might want to have a look at dave philips' great linux-sound
page.
there are several mirrors, one is http://sound.condorow.net
there is a category named mp3, iirc.
most likely all of the programs mentioned there (lame, bladeenc...)
are open source.
there are patent issues with the fraunhofer gesellschaft, though.
the legal situation seems to be a bit complicated.

hope it helps,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier