Re: [linux-audio-dev] News about sequencers (not my own though!)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] News about sequencers (not my own though!)
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: pe tammi  21 2000 - 03:33:57 EST

David Slomin wrote:

> Paul Winkler wrote:
> >
> > This is a pretty interesting thread! Very relevant to ideas I'm
> > playing with for pysco...
>
> I'd be rather interested to see how pysco (always make me think
> "psycho" at first glance!) could interoperate with PEGS. It sounds
> like their respective treatment of events is compatible, and it
> could save you the task of writing a GUI.

Very interesting idea. THough from what you've written, I'm not sure
what I'd gain by keeping pysco in the equation at that point, since
I'm not sure what pysco can do that PEGS can't. (In fact following
this thread has occasionally made me wonder just how much of my time
I'm wasting. :) )

  PEGS, in turn, would then
> be able to sequence algorithmically generated phrases, with each
> such phrase mapping to one PEGS event. Here, as with audio clip
> sequencing, the mixdown for output would be rather critical.

Interesting...
How do you see this working? Would each PEGS event somehow request
pysco to generate this algorithmic phrase? How would communication
be done? Pipes?

--PW
slinkP arts: music, sound, illustration, design, etc.
A member of ARMS -----> http://www.reacharms.com
or http://www.mp3.com/arms or http://www.amp3.net/arms
personal page ----> http://www.ulster.net/~abigoo