[linux-audio-dev] OSS SNDCTL_DSP_GETISPACE ioctl

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] OSS SNDCTL_DSP_GETISPACE ioctl
From: Jim Jackson (jj_AT_scs.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: ti helmi  01 2000 - 06:02:49 EST

In linux kernels 2.0.36 and 2.2.10 it looks like the implementation of
this ioctl is wrong. I've used the GETOSPACE ioctl to check that write
would not block, i.e. there is a free fragment, and was expecting the
GETISPACE ioctl to be usable in an analogous read way, i.e. is there
a full fragment to read? The OSS code seems to incorrectly test whether we
are querying input or output.

I'm going to play around tonite at home, but thought I'd check this out
with the list first.

Jim