Re: [linux-audio-dev] "pro" soundfile editors for linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] "pro" soundfile editors for linux
From: Kai Vehmanen (kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: ma helmi  07 2000 - 17:30:55 EST

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Paul Winkler wrote:

> Brings up an interesting point -- do track names have to be
> numbered? It's fun and nice to be able to name things, but I don't
> know if this is best done in the filename or in the front end. It

I think using descriptive filenames is the best solution. It's easier
to use with multiple apps. Say you want to remove tape hiss from
your synth tracks. You switch to xterm and decide to use
dnr/anoi/denoi... was it track track.000001b126 or track.000002a99?
This is definitely a great Windows-ish way to do things. ;)

--
Kai Vehmanen <kaiv_AT_wakkanet.fi> -------- CS, University of Turku, Finland
 . http://www.wakkanet.fi/ecasound/ - linux multitrack audio processing