Re: [linux-audio-dev] real time clock async I/O patch info

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] real time clock async I/O patch info
From: Benno Senoner (sbenno_AT_gardena.net)
Date: ke helmi  09 2000 - 06:21:14 EST

Paul,
do you have a patch, which applies to 2.2.14 ?
I tried the one one you sent me (that which comes with latencytest 0.42)
but I got some rejects.
I'd like to profile Ingo's latest low-latency patches using RTC.

On Tue, 08 Feb 2000, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> for anyone who cares, the async I/O patch i did for the RTC is
> apparently now in 2.3.43-preXX. so if you want to use the RTC
> directly (rather than via Steve Ratcliffe's wonderful ALSA timer
> interface) for much better timer resolution at user level,
> then 2.3 and soon 2.4 will be your friend.

yep, do not forget that we still have to provide a shareable timer API for our
multimedia apps. (like the rtcd idea).

Benno.