[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA State of the Art + Proof Of Concept Plugins & Programs

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA State of the Art + Proof Of Concept Plugins & Programs
From: Richard W.E. Furse (richard_AT_muse.demon.co.uk)
Date: pe maalis 03 2000 - 11:42:54 EST

Hi there - I've assembled a web page with what I believe is the 'state of
the art' with LADSPA. This is at http://www.muse.demon.co.uk. Please note
that I've been tinkering with the text again to try to make it unambiguous
and I've added a couple of members to the descriptor - please let me know
if I've broken anything.

I've also coded up a couple of programs:

        analyseplugin - examines the contents of a plugin file
        applyplugin - applies a chain of in-place plugins to a wave file

The following mono-in-mono-out plugins have been written (as suggested
here):

        lpf.so - classic 'tone' style low-pass-filter
        delay.so - simple delay line with wet/dry but no feedback

Really out to write a couple of multichannel ones as this is where the
in-place issues start to appear, but I've done enough for one day IMHO.

These have been coded up with a single-plugin-per-library version of the
API. This isn't because I think this is the right way to go, just that this
was the laziest option when coding - and an easy change to make later.

Although this code now exists, as far as I'm concerned THE API HAS NOT BEEN
FINALISED. This code is for proof-of-concept ONLY and should not be the
basis of further development.

-- Richard