Re: [linux-audio-dev] Simple Plugin API: In/Out Ports

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Simple Plugin API: In/Out Ports
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: ti maalis 07 2000 - 09:52:23 EST

>From: Paul Barton-Davis <pbd_AT_Op.Net>
>
>The creamware pulsar, using the off-the-shelf AD SHARC DSP, offers 32
>bit sample values. How long is that "foreseeable future" foreseeable
>for ?
>
>Note also that CoolEdit Pro already advertises its "32/192"
>capabilities.

Sonic Solution's product(s) offers 48 bits. Check from www.sonic.com
what it exactly means, I may remember wrong.

And this 48 bits is not a marketing hype as it more likely is with
CoolEdit Pro and the like. The guy leading the people there is no less
than Dr. Andy Moorer, the designer of Lucasfilm system. Remember,
that system offered 1 ms latencies and multitrack disk recordings/playings
at 1982 --- the system is very much like Quasimodo in structure.

Read my next patent mail too, sad news, again.

Juhana