[linux-audio-dev] Low latency and WINE?

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Low latency and WINE?
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp_AT_ulster.net)
Date: ma marras 08 1999 - 03:46:19 EST

Just wondering...

Has anyone tried using a lowlatency-patched kernel with WINE and a
Windows MIDI sequencer?

I'm wondering because last time I tried WINE, about a year ago, it
was just about good enough to run the ancient version of Cakewalk
that came with my cheap MIDI keyboard. Ditto for some Voyetra
sequencer that came with my soundcard. But one of them (I forget
which) didn't really work; the other looked OK and even found the
wavetable synth in my Malibu card, but the output timing was
terrible-- obviously off by hundreds of milliseconds for some notes.

I assume this was a WINE problem, but just wondered if maybe the
low-latency patches helped any? Has anyone tried this?
Or is running Windows sequencers on Linux just doomed?

--

---------------- paul winkler ------------------ slinkP arts: music, sound, illustration, design, etc. email=========================slinkp AT ulster DOT net ARMS online=======================http://reacharms.com personal page===========http://www.ulster.net/~abigoo/