Re: [linux-audio-dev] hyper shamanic loop constructing

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] hyper shamanic loop constructing
From: maarten de boer (maarten.deboer_AT_iua.upf.es)
Date: ma marras 15 1999 - 11:55:00 EST

Hi,

> does anyone know of any (linux) programs that can be used for
> real-time loop creation ? [...]

We're talking frippertronics here!

You might want to have a look at a program I wrote, called tapiir,

http://www.things.nl/~maarten/fltk/tapiir

It is actually a multi tap delay, but with a little bit of tweaking
- it actually is a planned feature - it can do the task you mentioned,
6 times even and with optional cross talking between the loops.
The thing would be to set or mute the left/right input volumes when
a footswitch is pressed. Ideal would be a footswitch with 6 switches
(plenty of these around). Or just put your midi-keyboard on the floor
:-)
It is very easy to add the needed code: in the synthesis thread, just
do a non-blocking read of the midi device (or even better, add an
extra thread), and set the apropriate gains (yes, the code needs soms
comments+docu... but if you look at the gui code, you will surely see
what values I mean.) Updating the sliders would require some flag that
the GUI thread checks.

I actually plan full control of all the parameters through midi, so
it can be controlled by a sequencer, but I think for now you can
get what you want quickly and easily.

Let me know what you think of tapiir, and please send me any modifications
you make!

Maarten