Re: [linux-audio-dev] [Fwd: Fw: Save OMS! Sauvez OMS! [ot]]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [Fwd: Fw: Save OMS! Sauvez OMS! [ot]]
From: Thomas Hudson (thudson_AT_cygnus.com)
Date: su marras 28 1999 - 05:33:39 EST

Francois Dechelle wrote:

> There is already a software that does more or less what OMS
> does and that is free software, distributed under GNU Lesser
> General Public License. It is MidiShare, by Grame. See
> http://www.grame.fr/MidiShare/MidiShare.html for further
> information.

I didn't know that midishare implemented all the functionality
of OMS. One of the pieces that I thought OMS implemented that
is missing from the linux world is the ability of the user to
describe his setup of connected midi devices. It would be nice
if every application could present input and output choices
as real devices rather than card/port/channel numbers.

If OMS were open-sourced, the good parts could be integrated
with other projects like MidiShare.

Thomas