RE: [linux-audio-dev] wine, cubase etc.

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] wine, cubase etc.
From: depet_AT_gmx.de
Date: to joulu  02 1999 - 08:47:23 EST

On 01-Dec-99 Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> i was just checking the Wine application database
> (www.winehq.com/Apps) to follow up on the old rating of 4 given to
> running cubase under wine. its a very old rating.
>
> however, when i searched for new entries with a score of 5 (perfect),
> i noticed that 2 of them had some significant audio component:
> realplayer and napster. possibly significant.
>
> is there anyone on the list who has a recent version of, say, cubase,
> or something similar, and has tried to run it under a recent version
> of wine ?
>
> --p

tried this recently because I needed some usable midi sequencer (Brahms is
close to, but needs still some things)

Winamp - works fine (mentioned before here), pretty stable timing
Cubasis 1.1(?) - looks fine but wine cannot do midi for 16 bit :-(
Voyetra Midi Orch. plus - whines about some dll version althougt it's
                          the right one :-(
Cubase Score 3.5 - installs but doesn't start, vxd for the dongle check
                        screws somehow :-(
Cooledit Pro 1.2 - installs fine but has same problems as Cubase Score 3.5
                        wine doesn't want to load some files :-(
Logic Audio Platinum 4.02 - doesn't even want to install :-(

note: I don't have any W9x installed and as you may have guessed I used the
nice and quality Radium addons for the last three programms (haven't that much
money for such experiments ;)

I'm sure there are better results at least at one programm if you have some W9x
installed and if you use some native libs, but I can't test this because of disk
space and my aversion to MS.

ps: is anyone working/thinking of starting some GPL'd successor to multitrack?
    I recently started playing around with gtk,threads,etc but I'm slow crawling
    (nearly no programming experience...)

...o..oO0 NoehliE 0Oo..o...