Re: [linux-audio-dev] Silly audio problem

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Silly audio problem
From: 'Billy Biggs' (vektor_AT_DIV8.NET)
Date: ma joulu  13 1999 - 23:09:38 EST

Richard W.E. Furse (richard_AT_muse.demon.co.uk):

> Have you tried larger buffers?

  I can't. The phone I'm talking to can only do 20ms framing and barely any
network buffer, so I have to make sure that I send out frames consistently at
20ms intervals. This means keeping my buffer smaller than that.

  On the soundcard, I've got a buffer of 32 samples, at 8k.

  PS, on my es1370 alsa, the microphone mysteriously stopped working... any
ideas?

--
Billy Biggs                         vektor_AT_div8.net
http://www.div8.net/billy       wbiggs_AT_uwaterloo.ca