Re: [linux-audio-dev] Musical language / OO design questions...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Musical language / OO design questions...
From: Bill Schottstaedt (bil_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: to tammi  06 2000 - 09:14:11 EST

> Since you're interested in scheme I wonder if you've looked at
> Common Music / Common Lisp Music, which are (if I understand
> correctly) dialects of common lisp intended for composition and
> synthesis,

There's also a scheme version (via Guile) of the sndlib/clm
code (in sndlib.tar.gz or snd-3.tar.gz at ccrma-ftp.stanford.edu
pub/Lisp). Unfortunately, the current Scheme compilers aren't
great, so any serious use requires C or CL -- the speed-up
is about a factor of 30 or 40, which does matter eventually.
I hope to fix this someday (but it's about 200-th on my
list of 250 things-to-do).

By the way, I highly recommend libefence to check memory
troubles (mentioned in some earlier post); if you run out
of RAM, a slightly less intense checker is libmcheck from
Gnu.