Re: [linux-audio-dev] Problem and Solution: time

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Problem and Solution: time
From: David Olofson (audiality_AT_swipnet.se)
Date: ti tammi  11 2000 - 21:11:28 EST

On Sun, 09 Jan 2000, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> 12hrs - not ok.

Well, actually, I seriously have to agree. The way I want it, the
virtual mixer in my system will be running continously until I shut
the studio for the day. It won't stop monitoring when I hit the stop
button in the sequencer, but rather keep working, just like a
standalone mixing console.

I wouldn't want weird things to happen in studios that have clients
nearly all around the clock. They might not even shut it down the few
hours it's not in use! (Why should they, as Linux just takes time to
fire up, and doesn't need regular reboots in contrast to certain other
systems...?)

//David

| A Free/Open Multimedia | | Rock Solid, Hard Real Time, |
| Plugin & Integration Standard | | Low Latency Signal Processing |
`------> www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' `--> www.angelfire.com/or/audiality -'
| Audio Hacker, Linux Advocate, Open Source Advocate, Singer/Composer |