Re: [linux-audio-dev] Need a soundcard with SPDIF in and out

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Need a soundcard with SPDIF in and out
From: Dan Hollis (goemon_AT_sasami.anime.net)
Date: ti tammi  11 2000 - 22:16:18 EST

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 reine_AT_mbox314.swipnet.se wrote:
> My question is, what cards work under my beloved
> Linux and does SPDIF in and out work to?

Cards/chipsets that support SPDIF:

CMI8738 (Audio Excel, Zoltrix, many clones) - ALSA driver not yet started
  Probably 1:1 SPDIF i/o at 32k,44.1k,48k (untested)
4dwave-NX (Hoontech, others) - ALSA driver well tested
  1:1 SPDIF output at 32k,48k (tested), input resampled? (untested)
EMU10K1 (Creative Labs) - ALSA driver rather beta
  SPDIF output at 48k always, input resampled? (untested)
RME Hammerfall - ALSA driver in progress
  ADAT,SPDIF 1:1 i/o
ZA2 (Zefiro) - ALSA driver unfinished
  SPDIF 1:1 i/o (Old ISA card, sometimes interacts badly with PCI video)

-Dan