Re: [linux-audio-dev] News about sequencers (not my own though!)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] News about sequencers (not my own though!)
From: David Slomin (dgslomin_AT_alumni.princeton.edu)
Date: ke tammi  19 2000 - 13:13:34 EST

jfm3 wrote:

> The problem with visalizing synthesis events as "stars with spikes"
> is that you can't put two of them next to each other and easily see
> how they differ in proportion. Or at least, I think that would
> become obscured once you got past four "spikes".

That's definitely a big issue. One thing that might help is that
you can set it up to toggle which attribute is rendered using the
Y-axis (the easiest one for doing comparisons). A related problem,
at least for me, is that the West spike is kind of hard to visualize
unless the event is in rather lonely isolation from any other.

> Can you use color?

Yes. Up until now, I had been planning to make all spikes the same
color as the peg in the center, but maybe I should give some finer
control. Not certain.

Div.