[linux-audio-dev] Re: tiny patch for RTC async I/O in 2.3.41

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: tiny patch for RTC async I/O in 2.3.41
From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik_AT_mandrakesoft.mandrakesoft.com)
Date: ma tammi  31 2000 - 12:43:07 EST

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> I submitted this to Paul Gortmaker last year, and heard nothing. I
> sent it to Alan, and heard nothing. So here is a new patch, fresh
> against 2.3.41, to add async I/O (SIGIO) support to the RTC driver. It
> would be nice for this to be in 2.4 - its a very useful complement to
> the improvements for low latency in this kernel.
>
> Sorry if the patch file order is wrong.

My hacks on RTC have been the most recent. I mailed Paul Gortmaker
about maintaining the driver but have heard nothing.

The patch looks ok at first glance, but I haven't tested it or looked
through it with much thought. :)

Two requests:

Can you add "SMP cleanup" to the changelog, as version 1.09c credited to
me?

And, can you kill the 2.2.x compatibility code. RTC is sufficiently
different that it will not work on 2.2.x without more backporting
anyway.

        Jeff