Re: [linux-audio-dev] tricks wanted for buffer cache optimization

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] tricks wanted for buffer cache optimization
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: ma tammi  31 2000 - 15:10:52 EST

>*nice* to get true, "instant" (i.e. faster than typical human physical
>response) tape positioning regardless of the number of tracks or file size.

If you ask me there is no need to get that fast tape positionings
for interactive use. Sequencer is different and then we know where to
jump next. Is this sequencing a problem?

>cache to do my work for me, partly so that Nemesys can't possibly
>complain about patent infringment :)

I don't even want to read that patent, do I miss anything?
Why you have to restrict to Linux's virtual memory?
What is the problem of making your own prefetching VM system for
audiofiles the same way it is done for normal files in OS'es?

Juhana