Re: [linux-audio-dev] interesting 2.3.4* kernel statistic

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] interesting 2.3.4* kernel statistic
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: ti helmi  22 2000 - 15:47:52 EST

>From: Roger Larsson <roger.larsson_AT_norran.net>
>
>I.e with the version tested your worst case will be at least 34 ms.
>Since several locks might be taken during one kernel operation.

This means MS Windows is better platform for audio with 20 ms latency?!
And Linux has 34 ms minimum latency?!

If that is not true, please tell slowly what this all _really_ means.
I wonder what was the point of low latency pathes if the situation
is really that bad as you say.

I really wonder does Linus kernel authors really know what they are doing.

Juhana