Re: [linux-audio-dev] join LAD! (fwd)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] join LAD! (fwd)
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: ke helmi  23 2000 - 17:34:32 EST

>A new GIMP of audio project seems to have started: GLAME (GNU/Linux
>Audio Mechanics). Their web site is at http://glame.sourceforge.net ...

Again! I lost the count how many this kind of projects we have.

I looked very suspiciously their yet new flow system. Why we (somebody)
don't extract different flow systems to one library where from user could
choose one, and developers could melt all of them together within time.
Then a future improvement would be available in all software in no time.
Eventually such flow engine should run as soft-RT/hard-RT(?) or as
normal process; specially RT engines are hard to write so that it would
be a wise choise to have a flow library anyway.

Lets list programs which have a flow system -- it is easier to make
a library initial just by extracting the codes "as is" so that nobody
has to make big changes to their software.

 csound, quasimodo, arts, sonic flow, ecasound, ?

Juhana