Re: [linux-audio-dev] Simple Plugin API: In/Out Ports

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Simple Plugin API: In/Out Ports
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: ti maalis 07 2000 - 20:10:24 EST

On Tue, 07 Mar 2000, David O'Toole wrote:
> David Olofson wrote:
>
> > > routines for int and float streams,
> >
> > Optional; IMHO, the rule should be floats for pro audio plugins, and
> > ints for less demanding consumer audio.
> >

> Ok, now here's my question: how about if we just always use floats?

MMX is integer only, and there is no real standard for fp SIMD, not
even for x86 "compatibles". Intel has KNI while AMD uses 3DNow!...

//David

| A Free/Open Multimedia | | Audio Hacker |
`------------> http://www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' | Open Source Advocate |
| Rock Solid Low Latency Signal Processing | | Songwriter |
`---> http://www.angelfire.com/or/audiality -' `-> david_AT_linuxdj.com -'