Re: [linux-audio-dev] double <--> float conversions speed benchmark and analysis

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] double <--> float conversions speed benchmark and analysis
From: David Benson (daveb_AT_idealab.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 17:51:45 EEST

how much data are you copying? is it being
copied once or multiple times?

if it is just being copied once, you're probably seeing
a lot of memory-cache misses. in real situations, the
buffers tend to be small and reused to minimize latency,
which has the right cache behavior.

[am i correct in assuming the double-double/float-float copies
were normalized to the same number of bytes?]

- dave