Re: [linux-audio-dev] do YOU support LASDPA? (was Re: Linux Audio plugin API's: where are we ?)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] do YOU support LASDPA? (was Re: Linux Audio plugin API's: where are we ?)
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 03:47:56 EEST

>I know there a few hundred people reading this. Now I'd really
>like to hear from as many of you as possible: are you interested
>in adding LADSPA hosting to your app and/or write LADSPA plugins?

I intend to:

  1) add LADSPA support to Quasimodo and ardour

  2) port as many of the Quasimodo GPL-ed opcodes as seems sensible to
     be LADSPA plugins

  3) Replace/augment Quasimodo's current "opcode" with a LADSPA-plugin
     derived object

I don't know when I'll begin this, because I'm deeply immersed in
trying to get ardour to work reliably with 24 channels. Its looking
pretty good, however.

>If not, please tell us why. If the API is not good enough, what's
>the biggest problem? ...

* Lack of a GUI layer.
* No handling of MIDI or other event data

Neither of these are critical to about 80% of the Quasimodo opcodes,
but they will inhibit me from writing more interesting plugins.

I am thinking of starting work on a port of the vstGUI API to Gtk-- (I
already have most of the pieces in place from my libgtkmmext), and its
possible that we may be able to hash out something from that. Not sure.

--p