Re: [linux-audio-dev] mixer question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] mixer question
From: Erik Steffl (esteffl_AT_pbi.net)
Date: Sat Apr 08 2000 - 01:51:10 EEST

  thank you, guys,

  of course, when it came to try it out, I could not record anything...
cat /dev/dsp > rrr.dsp produced the file but when played back by cat
rrr.dsp > /dev/dsp, no sound was produced (and the file was
<80><80><80><80><80><80><80><80> except of short header). I used mixer
to set various recording sources, levels etc. but nothing worked.
everything except audio recording seems to be working (audio playback,
midi fm, midi wavetable, midi recording, ...), /dev/sndstat produces
expected output etc. kinda strange... I'll have to investigate...

        erik