Re: [linux-audio-dev] info point on linux hdr

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] info point on linux hdr
From: Jussi Laako (jussi_AT_jlaako.pp.fi)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 22:33:11 EEST

Paul Barton-Davis wrote:

> the simple act of creating 24 5 minute WAV files on ext2, files in
> which every block has been allocated, takes at least 1 minute, perhaps
> as much as 2. i create the files by first opening them, then writing a
> zero byte every blocksize bytes (blocksize comes from stat(2)), except
> for the WAV header at the beginning.

How about ftruncate(2)? I haven't timed this, but I remember using this with
memory mapped files as proposed by great book "POSIX.4 Programming for the
real world" by Bill O. Gallmeister.

 - Jussi Laako

--
PGP key fingerprint: 161D 6FED 6A92 39E2 EB5B  39DD A4DE 63EB C216 1E4B
Available at: ldap://certserver.pgp.com, http://keys.pgp.com:11371