Re: [linux-audio-dev] Theater Sound FX with Linux [was Re: playing three sources at one time]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Theater Sound FX with Linux [was Re: playing three sources at one time]
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 21:52:15 EEST

Miller Puckette wrote:

> If there's no easier solution, one can hack this together in Pd
> (http://www.crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.html) -- count on a couple of weeks
> to learn Pd first though...

I was going to say much the same thing about csound.
Use loscil or table for short samples in RAM, use diskin for long
samples on disk, use the MIDI opcodes for control, and you're pretty
much all set.
Though I don't know of any way you could do pre-buffering of samples
on disk, which might be a problem - I've never tried to use diskin
or soundin under realtime control, but even running a score in
realtime I've had it glitch sometimes.

--
slinkP arts:   music, sound, illustration, design, etc.