Re: [linux-audio-dev] Lowish-latency test results with kernel 2.4.0-test4

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Lowish-latency test results with kernel 2.4.0-test4
From: Tobias Ulbricht (up5a_AT_rz.uni-karlsruhe.de)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 11:11:30 EEST

Hi Tommi

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Tommi Ilmonen wrote:

>Long period resuls (left the machine do benchmarking overnight in
>an unloaded machine):
>
>Single latency peak at 66 ms, another at 15ms, otherwise below 7 ms. I
>have no idea what caused these problems.

Is it possible at all, that something undeterministic causes this spikes?
I don't think so.
Then it should be crond-problem, or a network running?

my (nearly broken) IDE-cd-burner could cause the SCSI-bus to reset after a
while, so is it possible, that some hardware failure causes a long
latency *once a while* ?

>Tommi.

Just my 0.02 EUR.

Tobias.