Re: [linux-audio-dev] Disk sampler

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Disk sampler
From: Richard A. Smith (rsmith_AT_bitworks.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 17:07:14 EEST

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 14:00:20 +0200, Ruben van Royen wrote:

>before I went on vacation this list was flooded with discussion about the
>disk-sampler. But when I came back all was silent, and I had received almost
>nothing on the subject during my vacation. Is there still depelopment going
>on? Whats the status? Or has a separate list been formed? I'm asking because
>I would like to participate in its development. Or, if it died, I will start
>working on my own design.

Things are silent because I went on vacation as well and since I came back I have
been totally buried by a project at work... Mike Bailey also has had his hands
full with his newborn son and some recording projects he is working on.

Its still in my head though.. And Mike and I did manage to create a sourceforge
project for it. But since using sorceforge from a windows box is not entirely
straightforward Mike hasn't been able to do a whole lot to it. And I just haven't
been able to allocate the time. Installing linux on Mike's computer at his house
is on list of stuff to do.

I think I have the mailing list setup but it has no members and I haven't tested
it.

Set up a sourceforge account if you don't aready have one and I will add you as a
developer. We can get the mailing list setup and going and start discussing
framework issues.

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith_AT_bitworks.com               501.846.5777