Re: [linux-audio-dev] Reverse-engineering files

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Reverse-engineering files
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 05:08:21 EET

On Friday 01 December 2000 14:01, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> About the issue of reversing insides of files,
>
> does there exist any work on understanding songfile formats like
> Cubase or Cakewalk?

Not that I know of, but I would be interested in cracking the
Cakewalk mess. It has a pretty nice system where all audio files are
in one place, but some parts are missing...

My favourite tool would locate every file that references audio files
(CW does that), and then let me browse the list and make a selection
(not in CW), and finally automatically dump all those files as bundle
files (MIDI + audio) right into my temp dir for backup (CW? Dream on!
One file at a time, manually...).

Besides, I'll eventually want to convert all songs into something
that can be loaded into some application that runs on a Real OS.

//David

| A Free/Open Source | | Audio Hacker |
| for | | Open Source Advocate |
| Professional and Consumer | | Singer |
| Multimedia | | Songwriter |
`-----> http://www.linuxdj.com/mucos -' `---> david_AT_linuxdj.com -'