[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and plugin sample rate

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and plugin sample rate
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 20:04:06 EET

I'd like to propose another *small* change to LADSPA.

Right now, the instantiate call must pass in a sample rate. Some ports
may be hinted with the HINT_SAMPLE_RATE flag, in which case, any GUI
must/should multiply the bounds by the SR. Fine so far.

The difficulty comes from the fact that in a modularized/OOP
environment, the plugin GUI builder has no clue what the sample rate
is. I've just had to add an ugly hack to Ardour so that I could get
Steve Harris' new decimator and his ringmod+lfo plugins to work
correctly (I wasn't multiplying by SR).

I would like to propose that we add the sample_rate member to the
plugin so that interested 3rd parties, such as code that wants to
build a GUI, can access this information.

--p