[linux-audio-dev] GTK pix sliders (ladspa xml gui)

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] GTK pix sliders (ladspa xml gui)
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 05:35:32 EET

just a FYI -

i've "ported" GDAM's gtkpixscrollbar object out of GDAM so that it can
be used by a generic GTK application. You supply two pixmaps plus a
little bit of other information, and you get the kind of slider that
many people have discussed: one "floating" over the other and moved by
the mouse, rather than a discreet set of images for each state. Thanks
very much to Dave and Adam for the work they did on this widget.

Ardour is now using this for its plugin GUI "engine". I've also
checked the code into CVS for libgtkmmext, part of the Quasimodo
libraries. Ardour's sample pixmaps (the slider is derived from a well
known commercial audio application) will appear soon.

It would appear that we might be fairly close to an agreement on the
XML DTD. If so, I will begin work on finishing a backend engine as
soon as possible.

--p