Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA hard_rt_capable

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA hard_rt_capable
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 19:22:43 EET

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 11:39:16AM -0500, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> >I haven't actually, but I've tried to make sure that all my recalculations
> >take < 1 ms or so on a reasonable machine, but its mostly educated
> >guesswork at the moment. Paul B-D might be able to answer this as he's
> >used some of my plugins in realtime.
>
> which ones are affected ? i havent noticed any problems like this at
> all when playing with your plugins.

That's good to hear! The problem would be worse on slower machines
though, IIRC you have a quick SMP box, which must help.

Off the top of my head:
  analogue_osc_1205
  flanger_1191
  hermes_filter_1200
  mbeq_1197
  multivoice_chorus_1201 <- this is the only one that does parameter
  single_para_1203 watching currently
  transient_1206
  triple_para_1204

The Chorus was the only one where my gut reaction was that it was worth
sacrificing the hard RT for speed. Obviously I will tune them properly
later, when I have a better idea of the hosts typical behaviour.

- Steve