Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] Plugins and presets?

Subject: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] Plugins and presets?
From: Rick Burnett (destinytech_AT_spacey.net)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 09:39:01 EET

Me thinks that it also shouldn't be entirely handled my the host :)
Because its unlikely that the host should come up with some sample
presets for the plugin. Instead, if it were up to me, I would just
come up with a standard that is seperate to the plugin, but supplied
by the plugin developer (if they want to :). Like [plugin].presets or
something. So you standardize the structure for storing things maybe
in LADSPA so that the host could do the loading and applying to the
plugin. Make any sense?

Rick