[linux-audio-dev] Plugins update

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Plugins update
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 23:49:15 EET

Version 0.1.8

http://inanna.ecs.soton.ac.uk/plugins/releases/0.1.8/swh-plugins-0.1.8.tar.gz

There are RPM's too, but only for RH7.0, I'l get onto RH6 RPM's for
the next release.

I've added two new plugins:

* Analogue style oscilator (taken from Hermes), takes an FM (audio rate)
  input. Just built it as I needed an oscilator to test something,
  but it's kinda cool.

* Transient processor (basicly a ripoff of the SPL Transient Designer),
  it's not quite finished yet, sustain doesn't do enough, and attack does
  too much, but it's still fun.

Fixed bugs in the multiband EQ and pitch scalers, pitch scalers didn't
work with small chunk sizes before.

Lots of small chunk size speedups, and I've made sure there's no chronic
CPU hits when changing parameters, you can see a rough comparison of the
efficiency at 32 and 1024 sample chunk sizes at
http://inanna.ecs.soton.ac.uk/plugins/chunk-size.txt
No idea what real values are, but they seemed like reasonable values for
realtime and offline processing. The perl script that does the testing is
in my working dir if anyone wants it.

I've been trying to accelerate some things by embedding x86 assembler
today, but I've given up for the moment, it's too fraught.

Enjoy,
   Steve