Re: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] Plugins and presets?

Subject: Re: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] Plugins and presets?
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 02:29:15 EET

On Friday 15 December 2000 08:39, Rick Burnett wrote:
> Me thinks that it also shouldn't be entirely handled my the host
> :) Because its unlikely that the host should come up with some
> sample presets for the plugin. Instead, if it were up to me, I
> would just come up with a standard that is seperate to the
> plugin, but supplied by the plugin developer (if they want to :).
> Like [plugin].presets or something. So you standardize the
> structure for storing things maybe in LADSPA so that the host
> could do the loading and applying to the plugin. Make any sense?

Yes, of course. I was thinking in terms of the LADSPA plugin API for
the plugin binaries - that's where I *don't* want to see anything
like this. An add-on like the XML GUI stuff would be the way to go.

//David

| Multimedia Application Integration Architecture |
`----------------------> http://www.linuxaudiodev.com/maia -'