[linux-audio-dev] Commercial sampler formats

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Commercial sampler formats
From: Jay Ts (jay_AT_toltec.metran.cx)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2000 - 10:57:20 EET

Hi,

As you can see from the other message I posted, I've been looking
into adding some Linux support for the AKAI sample CDs that are
so popular.

I also contacted Nemesys (Gigasampler) and got this reply:

| Jay,
|
| I'm sorry to say that we have business arrangements with other format
| converting companies that prevent us from publishing the specification
| for the public.
|
| Thanks for your interest,
|
| bert

I replied, asking who at Nemesys I should write to to discuss the
matter further.

Does anyone other than myself have any feelings about this matter?
The alternative to messing with these companies would be to develop an
open standard (not even necessarily open source) and create some cool
software that uses that format. Then go for world domination. ;)

- Jay Ts