Re: [linux-audio-dev] RE: Non-Sequential LADSPA Extension: experimental SDK

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] RE: Non-Sequential LADSPA Extension: experimental SDK
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 20:12:41 EET

On Tue, Dec 19, 2000 at 08:21:48PM -0500, Paul Barton-Davis wrote:
> and there we have the key problem: there is no reason to suppose that
> its in RAM at all. the recordings i'm using as test cases for ardour
> each weight in at between 1 and 8GB. needless to say, there is no way
> in hell these are going to fit in RAM ...

Not this year ;)

I was imagining for all these reasons and more that non-causal plugins
would only be able to be run offline. I've no idea wether Ardour supports
that though. I guess if you wanted to run plugins offline, you'd just run
eca* (or whatever) over the EDL files.

Speaking of which, I sort of have a concolver running, but theres no way
on earth it's ever going to run realtime with reasonably sized impulses,
so, should it be a LADSPA plugin? And if not, what should it be?

- Steve