Re: [linux-audio-dev] open letter reaction + summary

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] open letter reaction + summary
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd_AT_zip.com.au)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 22:44:45 EEST

Ivar Vasara wrote:

> For anyone interested in the outcome of our letter to linux kernel, things
> have pretty much settled down now. I think things look very hopeful.
>
> For a good executive summary check out this week's linux weekly news at:
> http://lwn.net/2000/0706/kernel.php3
>
> Or, for a detailed look at the discussion check out the linux-kernel
> archives at kernel-notes. The first message in the thread, posted by pbd,
> is at:
> http://kernelnotes.org/lnxlists/linux-kernel/lk_0006_04/msg01252.html

I would like the thank PBD for the time and effort he put into this
endeavour. I folowed bits of the discussion on the Usenet group
fa.linux.kernel. Paul did a wonderful job of stating our needs and
I think managed to really get his point across even in the face of
some initial resistance.

He did not manage to get the kernel developers to simply accept the
low-latency patches as they are, but this is probably a good thing.
I am however sure that latency will be on all the developer's minds
for the near future and I think we will actually see some benefits
from this.

Thanks again Paul.

Cheers,
Erik

     Erik de Castro Lopo     erikd_AT_zip.com.au
A sufficiently advanced programming error is
indistinguishable from the Windows 95 Operating System.