Re: [linux-audio-dev] lowish-latency patch and toolchain

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] lowish-latency patch and toolchain
From: Khimenko Victor (khim_AT_sch57.msk.ru)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 22:12:26 EEST

In <20000710092651Z32202-532+21297_AT_nic.funet.fi> Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi) wrote:

> I think 4 ms could be better. If we don't get any agreement we really
> should go for the old 2 ms lowlatency patch and forget any new compromized
> kludge.

> It would be nice if Linus would allow keeping this kludge patch as
> compilation option in Linux source tree, so that it comes with every
> Linux distribution. That would be __a real compromize__!

Huh. You joking, right ? Low-latency patch was not accepted since it'll make
kernel maintainance nightmare (this not the only reason, but main reason).
And this patch as kernel compilation option will affect kernel maintainance
MORE not less then just patch without compilation option. THIS IS "a real
compromise" ??? Gah.