Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sequencing+timers+DiskIO=ARGH

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sequencing+timers+DiskIO=ARGH
From: Juan Rojo (reduz_AT_codelarvs.com.ar)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 19:22:14 EEST

> Sounds like you should be using the ALSA Sequencer API. That way the kernel is
> responsible for delivering the events exactly on time and you avoid all these
> scheduling issues. Not to mention that a lot of the event processing work is
> already done for you by avoiding having to deal with midi at the byte level.
>
> Scott

Guess I missed the point a bit in my post. What i'm trying to say is that due
to the kind of engine i'm doing.. notes _must_ go out throught midi to the
synth in realtime. I cant Schedule midi events to be played in a future. The
user might change something and the output will change at that exact moment.

The only thing i need to be sure is that the output will be sent at the right
moment in a 10ms resolution.

Thanks!

Juan Linietsky