Re: [linux-audio-dev] EVO-Linux Physical Modeling HD Sampler

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] EVO-Linux Physical Modeling HD Sampler
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 23:36:36 EEST

>From: Maarten de Boer <maarten.deboer_AT_iua.upf.es>
>
>I think the problem here is that you need to detect perceptual amplitude.
>Does anybody know good algoritms for that?

One document at www.dolby.com discusses about A-weight or such measure
which could work.

I think we should not mix physical modeling and sampling yet.
It would be easier to write separate synth engines for FM, wavetable,
waldorf-wavetable, physical modeling, substractive synthesis, etc.

We should start by collecting resources...

Juhana