R: [linux-audio-dev] MTC, SMPTE, etc.

Subject: R: [linux-audio-dev] MTC, SMPTE, etc.
From: Alessandro Fogar (sfogar_AT_libero.it)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 12:45:52 EEST

> 4) Multi-port interfaces
>
> As far as I know, mostly a matter of getting specs. Given that
> MOTU, who make the most widely used MP MIDI interfaces, don't want
> to do this, its going to be hard to fix. I suspect that many
> other h/w makers take the same line.

I think you already know it but there's a driver for MOTU Midi Time Piece
which works with my MOTU MicroExpress too under ALSA.

I currently don't know how the author wrote it without the specs.

It works (not used it too much), I'm following your approach using the midi
of a SB Live and the microexpress as a patchbay.

Regards

Alessandro F.