Re: [alsa-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Theater Sound FX with Linux [was Re: playingthree sources at one time]

Subject: Re: [alsa-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Theater Sound FX with Linux [was Re: playingthree sources at one time]
From: sfogar_AT_libero.it
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 10:44:30 EEST

Hi all,

I think that pd (pure data) or jMax could be the solution, they are Max-
like languages.

To start a sample "on visual cue" simply add a button to your patch
starting a soundfile reader or a sample player (inside pd or jMax) and
presto.. you have done.

I used this approach for a theatre work three weeks ago (I used pd) and
it worked very very well...

You could even use a sensor to trigger the 'scenes'...

Bye

Alessandro Fogar

dev_AT_ginette.musique.umontreal.ca, ecasound-list_AT_wakkanet.fi

          .