Re: [linux-audio-dev] splicing mp3s

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] splicing mp3s
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp23_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 00:51:14 EEST

John BEPPU wrote:

> Lets say you have a few 70MB mp3s that are about an hour or so long,
> and you want to extract a song that's in the middle of this long mix.
> Are there any tools out there that facilitate this?

example:
mpg123 -k 5000 -n 100 foo.mp3

This skips (-k) 5000 "frames" into foo.mp3 and then plays only (-n)
100 frames.
I don't know how long a "frame" is. Some experimentation should tell
you. Somewhere near 50 frames / second, at least with the file I
tried. Might depend on bitrate of the mp3 file? If you can figure
that out, you're all set.

--
slinkP arts:   music, sound, illustration, design, etc.