Re: [linux-audio-dev] java 1.3 sound capabilities

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] java 1.3 sound capabilities
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 03:39:58 EEST

On Sun, 18 Jun 2000, Reynald Hoskinson wrote:

> Has anyone tried IBM's java 1.3 for linux? Apparantly it has the java
> sound API 1.0 built in. I haven't got any of the sound demos to produce
> any sound, however. Do other people have impressions of this
> software? It would be nice to have a fast and stable implementation of
> java for linux to make use of all of the java audio programs out there.

I asked about Linux JDK 1.3 on the Csound mail-list and received a single
response. I was informed that sound worked but was non-optimal (a steady
ticking occurred through sound play). However, I intend to check it out
for myself later this week. I'm currently using a 14.4 modem, awaiting the
return of my 56K external. When I get it back I'll download the monstrous
JDK 1.3 and report on its sound support.

Btw, I want to check out Silence 5.0 which requires JDKL 1.3.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html
        http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/linuxsound/