Re: [linux-audio-dev] testing the waters

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] testing the waters
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 22:58:13 EEST

>> john - can i sue you for patent infringement ? :))
>
>This would be really cool (not being sued, but if you or someone
>else is actively going down this path to product ...) -- perhaps
>the biggest hurdle would be getting LANs installed in the studios,
>so that HTML-based rack-mount configuration can happen in a sane

its hard to see HTML being used for whole bunch of stuff. i can
imagine the system just booting and auto-configuring itself unless it
failed. you'd use MIDI to control certain parameters. or something.

but note also: many apps could really use a real screen, and putting
it on the other end of a java-enabled HTML circuit makes little sense
to me. not *no* sense, just *little* :)

i'm not *that* seriously into this, but the idea of building
pre-configured "plug and play" linux power audio boxen has been
gestating in my mind for some time. note: "boxen" *not*
distributions. most of the email i get from people about the wavefront
and hammerfall drivers have to do with configuration. i want an
end-run around those kinds of issues.

--p