Re: [linux-audio-dev] testing the waters

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] testing the waters
From: Bill Gribble (grib_AT_billgribble.com)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 17:13:41 EEST

Paul Barton-Davis <pbd_AT_Op.Net> writes:
> i was with you all the way to "character displays". that immediately
> takes it out of the realm of standard h/w and into something else
> entirely.

Well, not really. I did some research on this stuff and you can get
cheap serial-connected LCD displays that are (according to my
calculations) capable of displaying metering and clock information in
real-time with not too much CPU load. This would make a real handy
addition to a rack-mounted Linux HDR system. There are people who
have used aalib to do some crazy things already, including run Quake,
so I think it's feasible to think about it.

b.g.