Re: [linux-audio-dev] ppc linux audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ppc linux audio
From: Karl W. MacMillan (karlmac_AT_peabody.jhu.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 03:52:07 EEST

> Magma has some new expansion chassis' that hold 2-4 cards
> and work w/ laptops thru a PCMCIA card. But they're rather
> expensive (~$1400). They're very popular w/ ProTools users.

These don't seem to work with linux. I have a colleague that tried one
with a toshiba laptop + a 2.2.x kernel. The sales person claimed that
'everything is done in hardware - there is no need for drivers'. This
rather fantastic claim seems to not be true. They at least have a good
return policy.

Karl

| Karl W. MacMillan |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| Network and Telecommunications Services |
| karlmac_AT_peabody.jhu.edu |
| 410/659-8297 |