RE: [linux-audio-dev] MuCoS, Glame, API Issues

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] MuCoS, Glame, API Issues
From: Richard Guenther (richi_AT_fs1.dekanat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: to maalis 09 2000 - 05:01:11 EST

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Alexander Ehlert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > > It would be no problem to introduce a property, where the plugin actually
> > > defines the datatype it wants to use and the host would have to do the
> > > right conversion. Wouldn't complicate ladspa too much I think.
> >
> > Uh, no - better use floats everywhere, _if_ conversion is necessary just
> > create a conversion plugin.
>
> wouldn't be possible as ladsa plugin though.

Why? This is then very limited!? Is it only because with ladsa there is no
way to tell that the resulting buffer is not float?

> > Its definitely not possible to wrap around such a plugin inside glame
> > without breaking all the fun stuff of glame. You can of course set up
> > all the plugin in one thread, and everytime copy glames buffers to
> > LADSPAs DataLocation. But as I said in my previous mail - this "how
>
> Hmm, I think you could just give the ladspa plugin the address of one of
> our buffers...

Hmm, yes, probably. But I dont understand how the ladsa buffers are
associated with the modification of data.

Is it

 buffer1(read) --- plugin --- buffer2(written)/buffer2(read) ---- plugin

as I understand or is buffer1 identical to buffer2?

Richard.